Sunday, April 7, 2013

There so cute.

Cast Boolits - Dedicated To The World Of Cast Bullets!

Muddydogs is online now Boolit Man Join DateApr 2012LocationUtahPosts108

At least that is what my wife said of the 105 grain Lee 358 SWC bullets that I showed her after casting a few up.

Mold dropped the slugs at 108 grains and .358 to .359. I had trouble keeping the mold hot as it seems to like 460 degrees but even with the pot temp around 800 degrees the mold cooled a lot faster then the next smallest bullet I cast which is the 358 158 grain bullet.

She probably said, "They're so cute." Because "there so cute" is nonsensical.
Muddydogs
What are you going to load those cute boolits in? I see many here that shoot them in 9mm as well as 38/357 with good results. It sure is a lead saver, I've been wanting to try a 6 cavity but have not bought one yet. Let us know how it works out for you.

wcp

I use this one in my derringer. Nice, light load for CAS
NRA Life
USPSA L1314
SASS 48747 L
I originally bought that mold in the mid 80s to shoot in my .380 ACP. They cast at .359 and weigh 108 cast from range scrap. I size to .358 and load them in the .380, 9mm, and .38 special. The wife loves them in the J frame but I really like them in the semi autos. Great little boolit!
"A person cannot exercise their right to speak freely if they have been stripped of their ability to defend themselves and repel those forces who would seek to quell their speech." Me
Yeah, so send me about 1,000,000 to try out in my 9mm. Been lookin' for some smaller boolits. Lol. BC
Jesus said, "I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father but by me."
You may not post new threadsYou may not post repliesYou may not post attachmentsYou may not edit your postsForum Rules

Abbreviations used in Reloading
Pointed Soft Point "Core Lokt"


View the original article here

0 comments:

Post a Comment