Sunday, April 14, 2013

New RCBS molds with COWW alloy?

Cast Boolits - Dedicated To The World Of Cast Bullets!

Hi all, I am looking for input on new RCBS (.430" and .454" revolver) molds using straight COWW alloy. My two twenty five year old RCBS molds that I got with my used casting gear cast just fine with good diameters with COWW alloy, (not so much with my new Lymans). This time a little input before I buy might be a good thing!
it's all an educated guess,,,, till the trigger is pulled.

the more i find out about shootin boolits, the more it contradicts everything i ever learned about shooting jaxketed.

RCBS is the best quality off the shelf mold you can buy. Head and shoulders above all other regular production molds. I use WW almost exclusively and every one of my 20+ RCBS molds cast to spec.

Rick

"The people never give up their freedom . . . Except under some delusion." Edmund Burke

"Let us remember that if we suffer tamely a lawless attack on our liberty, we encourage it." Samuel Adams

One side is for Liberty and the Constitution and they are called domestic terrorist, anti-American, nazi's and mobsters. Just what is the side using these terms for?

NRA Benefactor Life Member
CRPA Life Member

Of the 5, RCBS moulds i have all cast excellent with WW alloy . even rifle & sil moulds
Keep in mind all of RCBS rifle & silhouette moulds are spected with lino alloy
Pistol moulds are done with 1 part tin to 10 parts lead.
Ive only had one sil mould that would not cast to size even with lino alloy, i returned it and they sent me a new one.
Lamar................empty your PM box. It's too full and it won't let me send you a PM
You may not post new threadsYou may not post repliesYou may not post attachmentsYou may not edit your postsForum Rules

Abbreviations used in Reloading
Pointed Soft Point "Core Lokt"


View the original article here

0 comments:

Post a Comment