Saturday, April 6, 2013

Using Lee Rifle FCD to compress base of bullet

Cast Boolits - Dedicated To The World Of Cast Bullets!

Rayc384 is offline Boolit Buddy Join DateAug 2010LocationTennesseePosts69

I am knocking around a weird idea, so I thought I would ask here. Would it be possible to use a rifle FCD to compress the bottom of a PBS 9 mm lead bullet enough to seat a regular gas check? I told you it was weird.
That is not the first time I've read your idea. It is neither new nor weird. It works. I prefer to use plain base gas checks I make from soda can material. They work very well and are fun to make. I only have 1 35 cal gas check mold and 1 45 cal gas check mold. The rest are plain base molds. I would like to remove the gas check shanks from both molds so I never have to buy or trade for regular checks again. I have a standard check maker in 30 cal and 1 on order for 22 cal but the rest will be plain base checks for me.
"A person cannot exercise their right to speak freely if they have been stripped of their ability to defend themselves and repel those forces who would seek to quell their speech." Me
You may not post new threadsYou may not post repliesYou may not post attachmentsYou may not edit your postsForum Rules

Abbreviations used in Reloading
Pointed Soft Point "Core Lokt"


View the original article here

0 comments:

Post a Comment