Okay then, I had a look through 4 or 5 books and several other load sources and while I have a lot of slug loads using Unique, I have almost no info for Winchester AA hulls!

The best I have is:

From Lyman Shotshell Reloading Handbook 4th Ed:

- Hull = Win AA 2 3/4"
- Primer = Win 209
- Powder = Unique @ 28 grs.
- wad = Win AA 12 (with petals cut off for Lyman Foster slug)
- Slug = 1 oz. Lyman Foster
- crimp = roll
- Pressure = 10,400 PSI
- Velocity = 1383 FPS

This same load is used with 4 different wad columns and all run within 400 PSI.

From Alliant site (several years ago):

- Hull = Win AA 2 3/4"
- Primer = Win 209
- Powder = Unique @ 34.5 grs.
- wad = .135" card + 0.25" Fiber + (2) .135" card
- Slug = 7/8 oz.
- crimp = roll
- Pressure = 9,800 PSI
- Velocity = 1,570 FPS

From BPI:

- Hull = Win AA 2 3/4"
- Primer = Fiocchi 616
- Powder = Unique @ 33 grs.
- wad = BPGS (plastic gas seal) + 1/2" hard card wad
- Slug = 1 oz. (445 gr.) BPI AQ
- Crimp = roll
- Pressure = 10,800 PSI
- Velocity = 1,560 FPS

WARNING!

1) All three loads shown are roll crimp and from what I see mostly, roll crimp develops less pressure than fold crimp I would drop charges about 10% if using fold crimp.

2) The second load DOES NOT use a plastic gas seal so if you substitute a plastic wad it will develop more pressure. So double dilema here! Both roll crimp and no plastic gas seal.

3) For the third load you would have to substitute a cushion leg wad for the wad column suggested. This would not worry me as both have plastic gas seals. Again, it uses roll crimp so I would reduce charge about 10% if using fold crimp.

I try not to make substitutions except equal weight of slug or wad columns that are similar.

I have lots of load data for Unique and 1 oz. slugs at velocities from about 1400 FPS to almost 1600 FPS but most is for large volume straight walled hulls like Activ, Fiocchi, Cheddite, Federal Gold Medal. I have almost none for Win AA as they are tapered small volume hulls.

I hope that helps.

Longbow