Monday, March 18, 2013

Finally I'm making .223 Boolits

Cast Boolits - Dedicated To The World Of Cast Bullets!

I have been struggling, bound and determined I'm going to do this. Made my own dies, they aren't as perrdy as BT's and don't make the top shelf boolits his does, but they make useable boolits and with ease. It took some adjustments to my presses but I'm now doing the whole she-bang with my creations. Gosh I'm pleased. And it's thanks to you guys cause you share info on this forum. It's great!!!!
Wellll..... purdy or not, we gotta see some photos! You can't have a successful project like that and just "tell" us about it--we gotta SEE it, too! Show off what you accomplished!
Guns have only two real enemies; Rust and Politicians...

"Praying might get you to heaven, but trespassing will expedite the journey..."

Where might I be found when I'm not here? Try looking here:http://www.facebook.com/NSWE.Pagosa
Great job be we require you to post some pics!
Ok guys, here's a pic. I'm expermenting with core sizes to get the weight I want. I was so excited to have this work I sit and make a few just to see it happen. Name: 001.jpg<br />Views: 211<br />Size: 37.7 KB
I'd like to see some 10 shot groups
Can I ask what you have for equipment and what was the rough cost? I have been looking at maybe taking doing but just don't know where to begin, have to do more research.
These have been coming out heavier than I really want and I need to get a core weight down a bit and more consistant. These are about 70 gr. I have some playing around to do but I'm just so pleased that I, with my little mini-lathe, was able to do this. As far as costs, I don't know. I bought some Grade 5, 7/8x14 bolts that are 3" long. I have not mastered threading on the lathe and using a thread die, have trouble getting straight and good threads. I've had very good luck making D reamers, the polishing and that darned push-out punch were my obsticals. I ordered some 1/16" allen wrenchejection pins and could not get them to work. had to go to a bit heavier pin and I used a cut off allen wrench, for the task. My derimming die is a Lee .224 Boolit sizer with a smaller punch I made to hold the 22lr cases. The core seater I made out of another 7/8" bolt and made a top punch for it. The bottom punch is the one that come with the Boolit sizer. Lots of time, really not much cost. I truelly respect what BT and others have done to make these for sale. My little set-up is far from the product these guys sell. But for me, it's working and I'm pleased.
You may not post new threadsYou may not post repliesYou may not post attachmentsYou may not edit your postsForum Rules

Abbreviations used in Reloading
Pointed Soft Point "Core Lokt"


View the original article here

0 comments:

Post a Comment