Sunday, April 14, 2013

Leading in chamber area

Cast Boolits - Dedicated To The World Of Cast Bullets!

CW748 is online now Boolit Mold Join DateMar 2013LocationNE OregonPosts2

I have been reading and searching here for about 2 months. I have a sporterized fed ord '03A3 with 2 groove bbl. This rifle is used only for cast loads. I'm loading laser-cast 165gr RNFP PB, sized .310 (bhn 24), over Unique, I have tried 10.0, 10.5, 11.0, 11.5, and 12.0 gr. All loads shoot about 2" at 100 yds and 4" at 200. After about 5 shots leading appears in the chamber area. From all I have read the hardness seems to be the cause. Can I overcome this (I was given 3# of Unique and about 350 boolits)??? Currently I do not have the resources or space to cast my own. Where can I find softer boolits in about the same weight and sizing? I am addicted to these low recoil, low noise loads. Any help will be appreciated.
What is the "chamber area", exactly? Give location in reference to case mouth/front of chamber.

Gear

You can't fix Stupid, but you can occasionally head it off before it hurts something. --Stephen Adams

Being able to separate the wheat from the chaff has always been a valuable skill in all of life's activities. --Bwana

CW748 is online now Boolit Mold Join DateMar 2013LocationNE OregonPosts2
Appears to be 1 to 2 inches in front of case mouth.
You may not post new threadsYou may not post repliesYou may not post attachmentsYou may not edit your postsForum Rules

Abbreviations used in Reloading
Pointed Soft Point "Core Lokt"


View the original article here

0 comments:

Post a Comment