Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Think this would make a decent swage press...???

Cast Boolits - Dedicated To The World Of Cast Bullets!

The RCBS Ammomaster 2.

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/670552/rcbs-ammomaster-2-single-stage-press

It looks pretty darn beefy and has quite a long handle for good leverage. I am a noob so any advice is appreciated.

I will be swaging 22 cals, 244 cal, 40, 45, and 50 in the near future. Most likely with BTs dies.

Thanks in advance!

An armed society is a polite society.

the BB knows

Looks like it might do the trick. Might even be able to make adjustable uprights for the die plate for precise adjustment.
aaronraad is offline Boolit Mold Join DateMar 2011LocationQld, AustraliaPosts13
Should be alright as long as you can get your finger in and around the posts. THe smaller calibre projectile can be a bit fiddly compared to a cartridge case.

Did you see the new Summit press from RCBS?...that's a lotta ram http://bulletin.accurateshooter.com/2013/01/new-rcbs-summit-single-stage-press/

It's hard to go past a modified Lee Classic Cast. Price is very good and quality is about as good as it gets.

I think the ammo master has the potential to make a great swage press. Here is a pic of one set up for a customer of mine. I like the 7/8-14 threaded ram. Easy to addapt for threaded base punches and hook auto ejection sytems to.

I little more expensive then my favored Lee Classic Cast presses and approaching the cost of a RCE Sea Girt press but I like the potential of the RCBS ammo master over the SG because of the less distance between the ram and the top support of the press at top of the stroke and how you don't have to reach to your toes to get to top of stroke like on the RCE. The RCE may be stronger but I think judging from the pics the RCBS ammo master certainly has potential too, especially if you could find one used at a bargin.

BT

When I first saw the summit I thought it was a little cheapo thing. But it's big! An auto eject could be bolted to the bench and easyer to build, therefore less expensive that BT's current model autoeject.
To lazy to chase arrows.
Clodhopper
if I were thinking about dropping that kind of coin on a press Personally I would be getting a SeaGirt or Walnut hill You will never regret it. I am not going to make a penny of of you and Honestly there is no comparing a real swage press and a make do reloading press.
if I were thinking about dropping that kind of coin on a press Personally I would be getting a SeaGirt or Walnut hill You will never regret it. I am not going to make a penny of of you and Honestly there is no comparing a real swage press and a make do reloading press.This is the truth. I have used BT's dies in both an RCBS rockchucker and the walnut hill from RCE. NO COMPARISON. There is something to be said for using the tool as it is intended.

You'll find, most guys modify their reloading press to get them to work. A lot of time they break. They work for some guys, just not me.

Pay for it once, you won't regret it. BTW, BT makes his dies of he Walnut Hill as well. I own his 40-44 dies and the 40-45 on order now.

"The right of the people to keep and bear...arms shall not be infringed. A well regulated militia, composed of the body of the people, trained to arms, is the best and most natural defense of a free country..." (James Madison, I Annals of Congress 434 [June 8, 1789]) Once the people find they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic.
Benjamin Franklin
You may not post new threadsYou may not post repliesYou may not post attachmentsYou may not edit your postsForum Rules

Abbreviations used in Reloading
Pointed Soft Point "Core Lokt"


View the original article here

0 comments:

Post a Comment