Thursday, March 14, 2013

Heavy bullet molds

Cast Boolits - Dedicated To The World Of Cast Bullets!

bowtech127 is offline Boolit Mold Join DateFeb 2011LocationSoo, MIPosts4

Hi guys, long story short I may have the chance to transfer to Alaska next year with work and I want to spend the summer getting ready. I'm looking for a "heavy" mold for my 45/70 guide gun in the 500 gr range. Any suggestions? I want something that has a big meplat for stopping big bears. Also the same for my 44 mag. I like the Oregon Trail 310 gr GC bullet but I dont know who makes the molds. Thanks in advance!

Chris

Go to Accurate molds and see what Toms got to offer. If you don't find what you are looking for shoot him an email and he can design the boolit you're thinking of.
for the oregon trails mold i'd look at magma engineering.
it's all an educated guess,,,, till the trigger is pulled.

the more i find out about shootin boolits, the more it contradicts everything i ever learned about shooting jaxketed.

You might take a look at a Lyman 429 650 and see if that would fit your needs, Dale
" A politician is the lowest form of life on earth. A liberal Democrat is the lowest form of politician" George S Patton
bowtech127 is offline Boolit Mold Join DateFeb 2011LocationSoo, MIPosts4
Thanks for the replies everyone. Thats exacly what I was looking for! Take care everybody!
You may not post new threadsYou may not post repliesYou may not post attachmentsYou may not edit your postsForum Rules

Abbreviations used in Reloading
Pointed Soft Point "Core Lokt"


View the original article here

0 comments:

Post a Comment