Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Chicken of da Nort Woods.

Cast Boolits - Dedicated To The World Of Cast Bullets!

Took Sven for his morning walk today. Don'chya know we busted out a hare when we were coming across the back of the property. I had my bisley and some mousefart loads. Before I had time to think it bucked in my hands and the hare went *** over teakettle. I guess college habits die hard...never pass up a meal.

Some where between here and there.....
nice!

didn't know you named your pistols.

nice!

didn't know you named your pistols.

Sven is the Great Pyrenees puppy that Jen and I brought home the weekend after Christmas. This is him at 14 weeks and 38 pounds.

Some where between here and there.....
14 weeks and 38 pounds? Oh, gosh!
Nice hare, by the way.
You must condition!
I came into this world kicking, screaming, and covered in someone elses blood. I plan to go out the same way.
those pyranese get big, they blend in with sheep well.
i used to watch some all the time out in the wyoming desert.
everytime i would see the three dogs one [the same one] would alway's be following the sheep with a jack rabbit in his mouth.
it's all an educated guess,,,, till the trigger is pulled.

the more i find out about shootin boolits, the more it contradicts everything i ever learned about shooting jaxketed.

Great Pyrenees are an awesome dog and I would have one if my wife would let me. However they seem to think my white F150 is a sheep and will chase it trying to get it back to the herd. I have had them go well over 2 miles before quitting and heading back. Full grown they are 150 pounds of teeth and muscle....when I see one start coming to my coyote call I shut it off and head back to the truck before it gets to close.
Doug /aka Flash
.................................................. ........................................
Sticks and stones may break my bones but hollow points expand on impact.

Taxidermists are cheaper than surgeons....keep shooting

?O?O? ????

I know where I come from
How 'bout you?

Great Pyrenees are an awesome dog and I would have one if my wife would let me. However they seem to think my white F150 is a sheep and will chase it trying to get it back to the herd. I have had them go well over 2 miles before quitting and heading back. Full grown they are 150 pounds of teeth and muscle....when I see one start coming to my coyote call I shut it off and head back to the truck before it gets to close.Ya they probably hear the call and come looking to kick some ***. The herd guarding variety can be rather stand offish since they haven't been socialized much. Sven goes in to town with Jen twice a week and visits everyone from the librarian to the laundry mat attendant. He actually likes people more than other dogs. They are excellent family dogs, being protective but not overly aggressive. However, they are breed to be free thinkers and you can't mold them to your will like a golden or a lab. They like to range too.
Some where between here and there.....
Hare stew? You could have crossed hare stew if you find another one. Our cotton tailed bunnies are smaller but still quite tastey. The jack rabbits (really hares) are tough as an old boot. The make toough hamburger. Pressure cooking won't tender 'em up.
Lewis AKA Wright Brothers Gunsmiths

"Illegitimus non carborundum"

Political Correctness: A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t*rd by the clean end!

Redd508 is offline Boolit Bub Join DateOct 2012Posts36
I'm curious about your mousefart loads. Will you share your recipe?
I'm curious about your mousefart loads. Will you share your recipe?This is for a .44 special 4 5/8 barrel. USE AT YOUR OWN RISK!!! There is a very real possiblity of sticking a bullet in a barrel if you go too low. Been there, done that.

3.5 gr trail boss under 180 gr cast hollow point (start at 4gr and work down). Does about 500fps when i chrono'd it. The hollow point is to save lead rather than expand. Ir is fairly quite but realisticly you still need hearing protection. Though ig isnt near anusivd as a deer load. Shoots close enough at 10 yds. Any further and I am using a stiffer load any way.

My general load is skeeters Unique load.

When intentionally hunting deer I use Keith's load with MiHecs version of the Lyman devestator.

Dan

Last edited by redneckdan; 02-28-2013 at 02:18 PM.
Some where between here and there.....
3.5 gr trail boss under 180 gr cast hollow point. Does about 500fps when i chrono'd it. The hollow point is to save lead rather than expand. Ir is fairly quite but realisticly you still need hearing protection. Though ig isnt near anusivd as a deer load. Shoots close enough at 10 yds. Any further and I am using a stiffer load any way.

My general load is skeeters Unique load.

When intentionally hunting deer I use Keith's load with MiHecs version of the Lyman devestator.

Dan

Dan just to clarify that is a 44special? Nice looking gun and game.
[The Montana Gianni] Front sight and squeeze
Dan just to clarify that is a 44special? Nice looking gun and game.Yes 44 special. I will edit the post to reflect that.
Some where between here and there.....
A man I use to deliver to took jack rabbits and smoked them with a sauce and cut them in ribbons , tasted like the best beef jerkie. No he would not tell me his recipe, kinda stingy in my opinion. Rabbit is good all ways!
Hare stew? You could have crossed hare stew if you find another one. Our cotton tailed bunnies are smaller but still quite tastey. The jack rabbits (really hares) are tough as an old boot. The make toough hamburger. Pressure cooking won't tender 'em up.
My Auntie would can them

she said they would melt in your mouth after....

I've always thought they were like eating bike tires.

I am ONLY responsible for what I Say!
I am NOT responsible for what You THINK I Said!
====
If numbers killed I'd hunt with a Calculator!
1kshooter is offline Boolit Master Join DateMay 2011Posts222
Frank G.,
1cup of cource kosher salt 1/2cup soysause 1/2 cup brown sugar and 2TBS each of black pepper,garlic powder and onion powder....soak over night in brine and smoke over maple, hickory or apple wood smoke till desired texture....I cut the raw meat into 1inch strips before marinating
hope this helps
outdoorfan is offline Boolit Master Join DateFeb 2009Posts790
That's great! Nice shot. I'm a couple hundred miles south of ya (I think), and I had a similar opportunity a couple years back:

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?100080-Grouse-casualty&highlight=grouse

Gibbs44 is offline Boolit Mold Join DateFeb 2013Posts11
Sven would still be a pretty cool name for a woods gun though.
"A man may not care for golf and still be human, but the man who does not like to see, hunt, photograph, or otherwise outwit birds or animals is hardly normal. He is supercivilized, and I for one do not know how to deal with him."
- Aldo Leopold

"Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force: Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined."
- Patrick Henry.

You may not post new threadsYou may not post repliesYou may not post attachmentsYou may not edit your postsForum Rules

Abbreviations used in Reloading
Pointed Soft Point "Core Lokt"


View the original article here

0 comments:

Post a Comment