Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Slight problem with RCBS Piggyback

Cast Boolits - Dedicated To The World Of Cast Bullets!

Been using the RCBS Piggyback on my Rockchucker for years without any issues but recently have been having problems with the return spring on the powder measure hanging up and not pulling the actuator rod back into position. I have disassembled the powder measure and cleaned it, made sure there were no burrs on the steel powder drop cylinder and can't seem to stop it from hanging up. My next step was going to be going to the hw store and try to find a stronger spring to return the cylinder to the correct position. It has been progressively getting worse and does it almost every pull of the handle now.....very frustrating. Anybody have any experience with this problem that can help ? I have also tried rotating the powder drop tube at every possible position to try to get a straight as possible pull on the spring to no avail.
Mmm. I too have been running a Piggyback for some years. Never had that as an issue.

I have found from time to time that burrs & rough edges can cause major hangups. I'd look for some.

Keep us posted will ya? Could happen to me!

Cat

Cogito, ergo armatum sum.

(I think, therefore I'm armed.)

You may not post new threadsYou may not post repliesYou may not post attachmentsYou may not edit your postsForum Rules

Abbreviations used in Reloading
Pointed Soft Point "Core Lokt"


View the original article here

0 comments:

Post a Comment